If your eReader is experiencing issues, you can try a factory reset. A factory reset will restore your eReader back to its original settings. Here are a few tips before you get started:
- Try turning your eReader off, then back on again and see if it fixes the problem.
- Charge your eReader for at least an hour before performing a factory reset.
- After you reset your eReader, you'll need to set up your eReader again. Ensure you have access to Wi Fi to complete the setup process and download your books onto your eReader.
- If you have multiple email accounts, make sure you've signed in to your eReader with the same email account that you used to create a Kobo account.
- Have your Kobo credentials ready to sign in to your eReader.
- To find your eReader's model name, go to your Home screen, then tap the Menu icon or the More icon at the top of the screen. Tap Settings. Your eReader's model name will appear at the bottom of the list.
|eReader||eReader description and reset instructions|
|Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2||
|Kobo Aura ONE||
|Kobo Aura Edition 2||
|Kobo Touch 2.0||
|Kobo Glo HD||
|Kobo Aura H2O||
|Kobo Aura HD||
Setting up your eReader after a factory reset
After you've performed a factory reset on your eReader, you'll need to set it up again.
- Set up your eReader using Wi Fi or Kobo Desktop.
- Sync your library to restore any Kobo books you own.
- Reconfigure any settings you changed.
- Add any books or documents you previously added using Adobe Digital Editions, a Micro SD card, or drag-and-drop on your computer.