Here are some tips to resolve common problems you might have with your Kobo eReader.
Note: If your Kobo device has been physically damaged, it is no longer covered by Kobo’s limited warranty. On a Kobo eReader, a physically damaged screen will look like it’s been shattered, or you may see vertical or horizontal lines on the screen with a frozen image. If you haven’t dropped or damaged your Kobo eReader, but are experiencing issues, try the steps below in the order suggested.
- Turn your eReader off and then on again.
- If your screen is frozen, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds. Your eReader should turn off.
- Turn your eReader off and charge it for at least one hour. Note: Your computer should be turned on while you are charging your Kobo eReader.
- If your eReader isn't charging, try using a different Micro USB cable or a different USB port on your computer. Note: If your eReader's battery is completely drained it can take up to 15 minutes before it reacts to being plugged into power.
- If you're having trouble while reading a book on your eReader: tap the centre of the screen to bring up the Reading Menu, tap the Menu icon at the top of the screen, tap Home, then open your book again.
- Try resetting your eReader.
- If you're unable to reset your device, please contact Kobo Customer Care.
Troubleshooting a blank screen while reading
Here are a few things you can try if you see a blank screen while reading a book.
- Some books have blank pages at the beginning or end of chapters and the beginning or end of the book. Try going forward a few pages.
- Go to your Home screen and re-open the book.
- Turn your eReader off and charge it for at least four hours.