It’s important to update your eReader regularly to get recent software updates and ensure the best possible reading experience.
To update your eReader, make sure it is connected to Wi Fi and tap the Sync tile on your Home screen. If you aren't connected to Wi Fi, you can also sync your eReader with Kobo Desktop.
- Improvements in performance and speed.
- New features and enhancements.
- Security updates.
- Fixes for issues.
- The size of software updates can vary and may take some time to download and install.
Syncing your Kobo eReader over Wi Fi
Follow these instructions to read your newly purchased book from kobo.com on your Kobo eReader. You'll need access to an active Wi Fi connection before you start.
Go to your Home screen.
Tap the Sync icon at the top of the screen.
Tap Sync now.
- If you are within range of a known network, your eReader automatically joins that network and will begin syncing.
- If you are not within range of a known network, your eReader will begin the Adding a Network process.
Syncing your Kobo eReader with Kobo Desktop
You can also sync your Kobo eReader by connecting it to your computer with Kobo Desktop. Your computer should be connected to the internet before you sync.To download Kobo Desktop, visit kobosetup.com.
- Connect your eReader to your computer using a Micro USB cable and tap Connect.
- Open Kobo Desktop on your computer.
- If you're not already signed in to your Kobo account, click the Profile icon at the top of your screen and sign in.
- Click the Sync icon.
Your eReader will sync and update with the latest books.
- Click the Eject button at the top of the screen to disconnect your eReader from your computer.
Finding your Kobo eReader's version number
Your Kobo eReader's software has a version number and date that let you know the last time it was updated.
- Go to your Home screen.
- Tap Home at the top of the screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Device information.
Beside Software version, you'll find the version number and date showing when your eReader was last updated.