About audiobook subscription plans
We offer several subscription plans depending on how many audiobooks you'd like to listen to. When you purchase a subscription, you'll get audiobook credits. You can redeem one audiobook credit for one audiobook.
In most cases, purchasing a subscription plan lets you buy audiobooks at a lower price than purchasing audiobooks individually without a subscription plan. For example, buying a single credit in a subscription plan is $12.99 (Canadian) per month, which includes one audiobook credit. With one audiobook credit, you can redeem it for an audiobook that costs $20.99 (Canadian).
- Kobo store credits are different from audiobook credits. You cannot use Kobo store credits to redeem audiobooks.
- You cannot use Kobo store credits to purchase an audiobook subscription.
- If you use up all your credits within a month, you can always buy more credits called instant credits. You can purchase three instant credits at a time. Instant credits can only be purchased if you have an audiobook subscription.
- You can purchase a maximum of 24 credits in a year.
- One audiobook credit can be redeemed for one audiobook.
To learn more about Kobo's subscription plans, visit our audiobook page here.
Purchasing an audiobook subscription
Listen to more audiobooks for less buy purchasing an audiobook subscription. Subscriptions automatically re-new at the end of the month so that you’ll get uninterrupted access to the latest audiobooks. You cannot purchase an audiobook subscription with Kobo store credits.
- United States
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand
- For monthly subscription plans, we currently accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
- For annual plans, we accept gift cards, PayPal, Visa Checkout.
You can buy individual audiobooks or use audiobook credits to purchase audiobooks from Kobo. With each audiobook purchase, you’ll also earn Kobo Super Points. Kobo Super Points can be used to purchase individual audiobooks, however, it is much more cost-effective to use an audiobook credit to get an audiobook. Kobo Super Points cannot be used to get an audiobook subscription.
You can add more credits to your account at any time.
To listen to audiobooks, you’ll need to get the iOS or Android app for your smartphone or tablet.
- Go to Kobo.com.
Select Audiobooks near the top of the screen.
- Scroll to the section about subscription plans and select the plan that you'd like.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to enroll in an audiobook subscription. You'll need a valid credit card for payment.