About Indigo gift cards
If you have a physical Kobo gift card from Indigo, the PIN may not be printed on the gift card.
Please contact Indigo customer support to receive an electronic gift card. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Redeeming a physical Kobo Gift Card on Kobo.com
If you have a physical Kobo Gift Card, you can use it to buy your next eBook from Kobo.com.Please note: Only one physical gift card can be applied per purchase. Gift cards cannot be applied to:
- From the details page of the item you'd like to buy, click Add to Cart or Buy Now for an eBook.
- Click the Cart icon at the top of the page.
- Click Checkout.
- Beside 'Have a gift card?' select Yes.
- Select the type of gift card you have.
- Gently scratch the back of your Kobo Gift Card to reveal your gift card PIN number.
- Enter the gift card PIN number. Note: If you have a gift card that's branded as "ePay" or "FastCard", the PIN can sometimes be difficult to read. Here are some common numbers and letters to double-check when you enter your PIN:
- If you see an upper-case letter 'P' on your gift card, try entering it as a lower-case 'p'.
- If you see the number '9' on your gift card, try entering the letter 'q' or the number 9.
- Click Apply.
Your gift card will be debited for the amount of the purchase.
- Click Complete Purchase.
Redeeming other types of gift cards
In addition to physical Kobo Gift Cards, you can also redeem other types of gift cards towards your next purchase from Kobo. The balance of these gift cards will always remain on your card.
These gift cards may be:
- Physical gift cards from our retail partners
- Digital voucher codes
- PIN codes printed on receipts
Depending on the type, you may be able redeem on Kobo.com, or our partner's store or website. Refer to the table below to see where you can redeem your gift card and what happens to any remaining balance.
When redeeming a physical gift card from one of our retail partners on Kobo.com, you may be required to enter both the gift card number and a PIN code.
Please note: Only one physical gift card can be applied per purchase. Gift cards cannot be applied to devices, accessories, or pre-orders.
|Gift card provider||Where to redeem||Balance left|
|Kobo||kobo.com, any Kobo device, Kobo Books app for Android and Windows, Kobo by FNAC app for Android, Kobo-Bol app for Android||Remains in your Kobo account|
|Indigo||kobo.com, any Kobo device, Kobo Books app for Android and Windows, indigo.ca, Chapters and Indigo stores||Remains on your gift card|
|WHSmith||kobo.com, any Kobo device, Kobo Books app for Android and Windows, whsmith.co.uk||Remains on your gift card|
|FNAC||fnac.com, FNAC stores||Remains on your gift card|
|Livraria Cultura||livrariacultura.com.br, Livraria Cultura stores||Remains on your gift card|
Redeeming a Kobo eGift Card
If you've received a Kobo eGift Card by email, you can redeem it to add the amount to your Kobo account as store credit towards your next purchase from Kobo.Please note: Kobo eGift Cards cannot be applied to devices, accessories, or pre-orders.
- Sign in to your email.
- Look for an email from "Kobo". The email subject will look something similar to "John sent you a gift!"
- Click Redeem now in the email. A new browser window will open that takes you to Kobo's website.
- Under 'You Have an eGift Card!', click Continue.
- Sign in to your Kobo account. If you don’t have a Kobo account, click New? Sign up here, and complete the sign-up process.
Click Redeem Now.
Viewing your Kobo Store credit or gift card balance
You can check your account settings on Kobo.com to see your remaining Kobo Store credit after using a Kobo Gift Card. To view the balance left on a gift card from one of our retail partners, you'll need to visit their respective websites.Follow these steps to check your remaining Kobo Store credit.
- Go to kobo.com
- Sign in to your account, depending on what you see:
- Click Sign in.
- Click the Menu icon.Click Sign in.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click Continue.
- Open your account details with one of these options, depending on what you see:
- Click My Account next to the Profile icon at the top right of the page.
- Click the Menu icon at the top left of the page, then click My Account next to the Profile icon.
- Click Account Settings.
- Click Payment Information.
Foreign exchange rates and Kobo eGift Cards
If you send a Kobo eGift Card to someone in a different area of the world, the Kobo Store will apply an exchange rate when your recipient claims your gift.
For example, if you bought a Kobo eGift Card for $50 Canadian dollars and sent it to someone in Switzerland, they would get an equivalent value in Swiss Francs. The exact amount will vary depending on the exchange rate on the day they claim or use the card.