A comprehensive plan that outlines the little-known importance of potassium, and how to enrich your diet to counteract the effects of too much sodium, resulting in lower blood pressure, weight loss, and overall good health.
Potassium is a nutrient that is essential to the health, wellbeing, and function of the body. Associated with lower blood pressure, kidney health, and weight loss, potassium also naturally counteracts the dangerous and all-too-common effects of too much sodium in the diet, including heart attacks, stroke kidney failure, and even bone damage. However, only 1%-2% of Americans consume enough potassium, with the rest of the population consuming half the recommended daily amount.
This indispensible guide to nutritional balance contains everything you need to know in order to experience the benefits of a potassium-rich diet, as well as:
• The little-known symbiotic relationship between potassium and sodium
• Why supplements can't solve potassium-deficiency
• Potassium's impact on weight-loss
• How to eat more potassium on any diet from vegan to paleo to gluten-free
• 30 delicious potassium-filled recipes containing ingredients like avocado, spinach, beans, yogurt, and coconut milk