Digital Signal Processing in Python
- List Price$25.99
- Your price$20.79
Save $5.20 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 11200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
If you understand basic mathematics and know how to program with Python, you’re ready to dive into signal processing. While most resources start with theory to teach this complex subject, this practical book introduces techniques by showing you how they’re applied in the real world. In the first chapter alone, you’ll be able to decompose a sound into its harmonics, modify the harmonics, and generate new sounds.
Author Allen Downey explains techniques such as spectral decomposition, filtering, convolution, and the Fast Fourier Transform. This book also provides exercises and code examples to help you understand the material.
- Periodic signals and their spectrums
- Harmonic structure of simple waveforms
- Chirps and other sounds whose spectrum changes over time
- Noise signals and natural sources of noise
- The autocorrelation function for estimating pitch
- The discrete cosine transform (DCT) for compression
- The Fast Fourier Transform for spectral analysis
- Relating operations in time to filters in the frequency domain
- Linear time-invariant (LTI) system theory
- Amplitude modulation (AM) used in radio
Other books in this series include Think Stats and Think Bayes, also by Allen Downey.
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
Complete your review
Share your thoughts
Complete your review
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
You Rated it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
At Kobo, we try to ensure that published reviews do not contain rude or profane language, spoilers, or any of our reviewer's personal information.
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
Thanks for Sharing!
You submitted the following rating and review. We'll publish them on our site once we've reviewed them.
by on January 17, 2017
- O'Reilly Media, July 2016
- Download options:
- EPUB 3 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: